Below are the current Terms and Conditions of Kings Beck Barn, updated 1st September 2022.
(“The Owners”) of Kings Beck Barn, arrange bookings of holiday accommodation for Holidaymakers (“the Holidaymaker”). The holiday accommodation at Kings Beck Barn shall be referred to hereafter as (“The Property”).
So that you understand the basis of the holiday contract when you book your holiday we have laid out as clearly as possible the conditions on which your booking is made. Nothing in these conditions affects your normal statutory rights.
YOUR HOLIDAY BOOKING AND PAYMENT TERMS
(a) Upon the Owners issuing a holiday booking confirmation for the Property to the Holidaymaker, a binding contract shall exist between the Holidaymaker and the Owners subject to these booking conditions. The Holidaymaker must be 18 years or over when the accommodation is booked.
(b) A holiday booking confirmation will be issued to the Holidaymaker upon receipt by the Owners of a completed holiday booking together with a booking deposit. The Holidaymaker is responsible for the balance of such rental charge and damages deposit, which shall be paid to the Owners 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the holiday. Failing which the Owners reserve the right to cancel the holiday booking and to forfeit the deposit paid by the Holidaymaker and the Holidaymaker shall have no claim against the Owners for compensation or reimbursement whatsoever.
(c) Bookings received by the Owners in respect of holidays due to commence within 8 weeks thereafter, must be accompanied by payment of the rental charge for the holiday period and damages deposit in full. Non-payment of the balance of the rent or the damage deposit shall be construed as a cancellation of this Agreement by the Holidaymaker.
(d) Immediately upon receipt of the holiday booking confirmation from the Owners, the holidaymaker should check the details and notify the Owners of any correction as soon as possible.
(e) In the event of the Owners being unable to arrange the holiday accommodation requested by the Holidaymaker, the Owners shall refund the deposit to the Holidaymaker.
(f) VAT is included in the quoted price.
(a) The Holidaymaker is responsible to the Owners for the actual costs of any breakages, damage or losses in or to the property, its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects during your stay at the property which are caused by you and your party. These costs may be deducted from your £250 damages deposit, but are not limited to that amount and you may be billed for the excess.
(b) If the Owners have no claim against the damages deposit or makes a payment pursuant to the clause above which is less than the damages deposit, then the Owners shall return the balance of the damages deposit no later than 28 days after the end of your period of hire. This will be returned to the method of payment used to pay for the balance and damages deposit.
(a) The Holidaymaker should notify the Owners immediately and in writing of any intention to cancel the holiday booking. The Owners cannot stress too strongly the use of cancellation insurance.
(b) We the Owners agree to do our utmost to re-let the accommodation if you have to cancel, but this is not always possible at short notice and without taking out holiday cancellation insurance, the Holidaymaker would be liable for any monies owing. If the holiday accommodation is re-let, all monies paid to the Owners by the Holidaymaker will be refunded less a standard charge of £50
(c) If the Holidaymaker is unable to take their booking due to the Corona virus pandemic, the Holidaymaker must notify the Owners immediately. The Holidaymaker will be able to either reschedule their holiday or receive a refund less a cancellation charge of £50. If the Owners have to close their property due to Government advice in response to the pandemic, the Owners will offer a full refund or allow the Holidaymaker to reschedule their stay.
The Owners aim to ensure that all the information provided within our advertising and promotional material is correct and current when published. The Owners reserve the right to make alterations at any time, as we are always seeking to improve our services and shall endeavour to inform the Holidaymaker of any such alterations
During the period of the holiday, the Holidaymaker undertakes:
(a) To arrive after 4 pm on the arrival date and to vacate the Property by 10 am on the departure date unless prior arrangement has been agreed in writing by the Owners
(b) That the number of people occupying the Property will not exceed the maximum stated for the Property in the Property descriptions (or the maximum number of people allowed under the Government requirements in relation to the Corona virus pandemic). If it is found that more than the maximum number of people allowed is exceeded it will be a breach of contract and the Holidaymaker and their party will be asked to leave immediately without refund.
(c) That the Property will be used solely for the purpose of the holiday by the Holidaymaker and his/her party. Events such as Weddings or large Parties are NOT permitted at the Property.
(d) To allow the Owners and their representatives access to the Property at any reasonable time during the period of the holiday
(e) To keep the Property and all furniture, utensils, equipment, fixtures and fittings in or on the Property in the same condition and state of repair as at the commencement of the holiday. To ensure that at the end of the holiday the Property is left in the same state of order and cleanliness in which it was found. Failure to do so will incur a charge taken from the damages deposit.
(f) To report as soon as possible to the Owners any breakages or damage caused by the Holidaymaker during the holiday and to reimburse the Owners with the cost of replacement prior to departure
(g) To notify all other members of the Holidaymaker’s party of these conditions
(h) That all property of the Holidaymaker, including cars and contents, is entirely at their own risk at all times and the Owners shall accept no liability for any loss, damage or injury howsoever caused
(i) To ensure that Pets MUST NOT under any circumstance be allowed upstairs in the property or on any soft furnishings or in bedrooms. Pets MUST NOT cause any annoyance, become a nuisance or intimidate occupants of adjoining properties. Pets MUST NOT, at any time, be left alone in the property. Owners MUST clean up after pets in the grounds.
(j) To ensure that the NO SMOKING policy is adhered to and smoking is not undertaken in the Property
Please notifiy the Owners of any items that have been left at the property. The Owners will endeavour to return any items. The cost of postage & packaging will be deducted from the damages deposit plus a standard administration charge of £25. Items that are not reclaimed within 14 days of departure will be given to charity.
HOT-TUB TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Holidaymaker is reminded that guests are responsible for their own safety whilst using the hot-tub. All reasonable care must be taken and all rules/conditions must be obeyed. Failure to observe these rules may result in the hot-tub being closed immediately for safety reasons. Every effort will be made to keep the hot-tub open at all times however, as it takes 12 hours to change and reheat the water there may be occasions when it has to be closed for maintenance.
1. Any guests with health concerns MUST consult their GP before using our hot-tub. Particularly persons suffering from diabetes, obesity, heart disease and cardiovascular conditions, low/high blood pressure, circulatory problems and so on.
2. Any guests using medication MUST consult their GP before using our hot-tub, particularly medicines that are likely to cause drowsiness, affect heart rate, circulation or blood pressure.
3. Guests taking medication that can cause drowsiness (such as tranquillisers, anti-coagulants, anti-histamines and so on) MUST NOT use our hot-tub.
4. Pregnant women are advised not to use hot-tub for their own safety as well as that of their baby.
5. Any guest using our hot-tub with conditions mentioned in terms 1-4 does so at their own risk. the Owners will NOT accept any liability for any illness or injury sustained during use against this advice. If in any doubt, guests should consult their GP prior to use.
6. Children using the hot-tub must be over 10 years of age and supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
7. DO NOT PUT BUBBLE BATH, WASHING-UP LIQUID, SOAP OR ANY OTHER CHEMICALS IN THE HOT-TUB. THIS MAY RESULT IN A CHEMICAL REACTION THAT COULD CAUSE HARM TO USERS.
8. Please be aware that the surrounding the hot-tub can become slippery when wet, due care and attention is advised. The Owners will accept no liability for any slips, trips or falls due to the aforementioned conditions. Also, please do not jump into or out of the hot-tub.
9. Guests put NOT eat, smoke or consume alcohol whilst in the hot-tub.
10. Guests MUST NOT use glass in or around the hot-tub; plastic, shatterproof “glasses” are provided should you wish a drink outside.
11. Do NOT use any electrical equipment in or around the hot-tub, including mobile telephones. An exclusion zone of five feet is advised.
12. Before use, please carefully remove the hot-tub cover and replace it after use.
13. Guests using hot-tub MUST bathe or shower prior to use. This prevents any foreign particles or chemicals (such as deodorants or body lotions) entering the hot-tub that could upset the water chemistry. Guests also agree to ensure that NO foreign materials enter the hot-tub (such as grass and soil); this ensures that the hot-tub will be enjoyable and achieve maximum performance.
14. The hot-tub are preset to the optimal temperature of 37.5°C. Guests may find that this fluctuates slightly during periods of very warm/cold weather. Should the temperature rise above 37.5°C it is recommended that guests do not spend more than 15mins in the hot-tub at any one time.
15. Guests MUST ALWAYS check the water temperature prior to using the hot-tub, especially when children are in the party. Chemical checks and water maintenance will be carried out daily during your stay by a member of the team.
16. Guests MUST NOT allow the hot-tub water level to fall to an inch above the water filter; this can damage the pump. If there is cause for concern, please contact a member of staff on the telephone numbers provided.
17. Please do not over load the hot-tub; this may cause damage for which guests would be liable. Maximum occupancy is FIVE people.
18. Any damage cause by misuse or non-compliance with the conditions of hire WILL BE PAID FOR BY THE HOLIDAYMAKER.
19. The Hot-Tub is not available for use on the day of departure during peak periods (school holidays) to ensure that the hot-tub is drained & cleaned prior to the next arrival.
20. The Holidaymaker & all guests must read and abide by these conditions and those stated in the “Instructions for Hot-Tub Use” provided in the barn. If anything is unclear or there is cause for concern, guests should contact The Owners immediately on the numbers provided.
21. The Holidaymaker agrees to indemnify The Owners from all liabilities incurred whilst using our hot-tub during their stay.
22. If a HOSEPIPE BAN or OUTSIDE WATER USE RESTRICTION is implemented within Norfolk, the Hot Tub will not be available, as per the Government guidelines.