Kings Beck Barn is situated in an ideal location, perfectly positioned between the coast (8 miles), the broads & Norwich offering something to do throughout the year and in all weathers.
The North Norfolk coastline provides some beautiful beaches. We recommend Brancaster, Holkham & Wells & more locally West Runton (blue flag), Mundseley (blue flag), Overstrand, Cromer (blue flag), Eccles-on-Sea, Sea Palling (blue flag) and Waxham.
Things to do locally…
- Explore the National Trusts Blickling Hall, Felbrigg Hall & Sheringham Park
- Visit Amazona Zoo in Cromer
- The Bure Valley Railway in Aylsham has a steam train that runs from Aylsham to Wroxham
- BeWILDerwood the children’s adventure park at Hoveton is an award winning forest for family fun & outdoor adventure with treehouses, zip-wires and jungle bridges.
- Dinosaur Park at Lenwade is a children’s favourite with life sized dinosaurs aswell as an indoor play area if the weather isn’t great.
- Take a boat trip out to see the seals at Morston with Temples or hire a day boat to explore the Norfolk Broads
- There are numerous Golf Courses within 15 minutes of the barn, including Royal Cromer, Sheringham Golf Club & Mundesley Golf Club.
- Take a trip to the cathedral city of Norwich and enjoy the fabulous shops and bars & restaurants
Eating Out, we highly recommend…
- The Banningham Crown is within walking distance of the barn (1½ miles), is a 17thCentury timbered inn with log fires and delicious food. Tel: 01263 733534
- The Black Boys Hotel, another 17th Century inn recently refurbished with a modern ambience offers both traditional & more imaginative tastes. Tel: 01263 732122
- The Gunton Arms opened in October 2011 and is situated within the one thousand acre deer park which surrounds Gunton Hall. Locally produced food is served in the restaurant between 12-3pm and 6-10pm or in the bar between 12pm-10pm. Tel: 01263 832010
- The Walpole Arms opened in May 2012 and offers high quality, locally produced seasonal food in the comfort of the newly refurbished restaurant and gardens. Tel: 01263 587258
- The Recruiting Sergeant in Horstead, NR12 7EE is an award winning pub & restaurant, run by the Colchester family, located in the village of Horstead. Fabulous food and great for families. Tel: 01603 737077
- No 1 Cromer is the latest restaurant from renowned chef, Galton Blackiston & has recently been voted at the 6th best place to eat by the sea! No 1 Cromer offers fish & chips and “Upstairs at No 1”, offers modern British cooking in a restaurant setting with spectacular views over the sea & Cromer Pier. Tel: 01263 515983 for the restaurant.
Local Walks & Wildlife
There are lots of lovely walks and footpaths that lead from the barn and with two well behaved dogs allowed, its the perfect base to explore the Norfolk countryside. Local walks include the Weavers Way, Marriotts Way & the Norfolk Coastal Path as well as stunning walks around the National Trust parks at Blickling Hall, Felbrigg Hall & Sheringham Park.
The farming business that own Kings Beck Barn is involved in the Higher Level Stewardship scheme which means that we undertake environmental management schemes for wildlife conservation, as well as the local landscape and environment. We have a number of bat, swallow & owl boxes near the barn so it’s a great location for those interested in bird watching, with over 40 different bird species spotted.
We advertise with the following..
Big Cottage Accommodation