Kings Beck Barn is situated in an ideal location, perfectly positioned between the popular beaches at Cromer & Mundesley (8 miles), the Norfolk broads & the city of Norwich offering something to do throughout the year and in all weathers.
The North Norfolk coastline provides some beautiful sandy beaches. We especially love the beaches at West Runton, Mundseley, Sheringham (pictured), Overstrand, Cromer, and Waxham. We highly recommend crabbing for the infamous Cromer Crab & a boat trip with Temples from Moreston to see the seals at Blakeney Point.
The barn is only 30 minutes from the Norfolk Broads where you can hire a boat or have a go at paddle boarding or canoeing.
The city of Norwich is a 30 minute drive from the barn and is filled with its hidden gems and cobbled streets. The Norwich Castle museum & Norwich Cathedral are well worth a visit.
Stately Homes & Gardens
We are so lucky to have the National Trusts Blickling Hall, Felbrigg Hall & Sheringham Park all within a twenty minute drive from the barn. In addition we love the East Ruston Old Vicarage Gardens, which are well worth a visit.
Family Days Out
There are lots of wonderful attractions locally for family days out. For those with young children we suggest a visit to Roar The Dinosaur Park, where you can walk amongst the dinosaurs or BeWILDerwood the children’s adventure park which is an award winning adventure park with treehouses, zip-wires and jungle bridges. Alternatively take a trip out on the Bure Valley steam train or North Norfolk railway.
Golf & Tennis
If you’re planning a game of golf during your stay we would recommend Royal Cromer, Sheringham Golf Club & Mundesley Golf Club. If you’d like a game of tennis then Aylsham Tennis Club has four floodlit hard courts with a pay & play facility.
Locally we have the traditional market town of Aylsham (3 miles) which has pubs, restaurants, tea shops, butchers & bakers and some lovely boutiques. We love the town of Holt, which has some wonderful eateries and independent shops. All the major supermarkets are within 10 minutes drive from the barn and most deliver too.
We are lucky to have lots of great pubs and restaurants locally. All get very busy so we suggest you book at table. We highly recommend…
- The Banningham Crown is within walking distance of the barn (1½ miles), is a 17thCentury timbered inn with log fires and delicious food. Tel: 01263 733534
- The Black Boys Hotel, another 17th Century inn recently refurbished with a modern ambience offers both traditional & more imaginative tastes. Tel: 01263 732122
- The Gunton Arms opened in October 2011 and is situated within the one thousand acre deer park which surrounds Gunton Hall. Locally produced food is served in the restaurant between 12-3pm and 6-10pm or in the bar between 12pm-10pm. Tel: 01263 832010
- The Walpole Arms opened in May 2012 and offers high quality, locally produced seasonal food in the comfort of the newly refurbished restaurant and gardens. Tel: 01263 587258
- The Recruiting Sergeant in Horstead, NR12 7EE is an award winning pub & restaurant, run by the Colchester family, located in the village of Horstead. Fabulous food and great for families. Tel: 01603 737077
- No 1 Cromer is the latest restaurant from renowned chef, Galton Blackiston & has recently been voted at the 6th best place to eat by the sea! No 1 Cromer offers fish & chips and “Upstairs at No 1”, offers modern British cooking in a restaurant setting with spectacular views over the sea & Cromer Pier. Tel: 01263 515983 for the restaurant.
Local Walks & Wildlife
There are lots of lovely walks and footpaths that lead from the barn and with two well behaved dogs allowed, its the perfect base to explore the Norfolk countryside. Local walks include the Weavers Way, Marriotts Way & the Norfolk Coastal Path as well as stunning walks around the National Trust parks at Blickling Hall, Felbrigg Hall & Sheringham Park.
The farming business that own Kings Beck Barn is involved in the Higher Level Stewardship scheme which means that we undertake environmental management schemes for wildlife conservation, as well as the local landscape and environment. We have a number of bat, swallow & owl boxes near the barn so it’s a great location for those interested in bird watching, with over 40 different bird species spotted (& plenty of deer!).